Location: Various locations throughout Turkey
Event: Numerous campaign and political gatherings will take place leading up to Presidential and Parliamentary elections on June 24. Political parties or other groups may announce specific locations and dates of gatherings via traditional or social media, and gatherings may also occur with little advance warning.
The U.S. Embassy and its Consulates have advised U.S. government personnel to avoid any areas with demonstrations or large gatherings.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Avoid demonstrations and large gatherings.
- Monitor local media.
- Expect an increased police presence and road closures in the vicinity of the gatherings.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy, Ankara
- U.S. Consulate General, Istanbul
- U.S. Consulate, Adana
- U.S. Consular Agency, Izmir
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Worldwide Caution
- Turkey’s Country Page
- Turkey’s Travel Advisory