The U.S. Embassy in Ankara, the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, and the U.S. Consulate in Adana would like to encourage English-speaking Turkish students between the ages of 15 and 17 to apply for a summer program at EducationUSA Academy. Fifteen host universities across the United States will be accepting applications.
EducationUSA Academy is a three-to-four week summer academic program which provides English language courses, college preparatory content, tours of diverse colleges and universities, and cross-cultural activities for 15- to 17-year-old students from around the world. Students receive an overview of secondary and higher education systems in the United States and the U.S. college/university admissions process, develop critical thinking and leadership skills, and participate in enriching cultural and social activities.
- Be students (currently enrolled or recently graduated), ages 15-17;
- Have an intermediate level of English or approximately 3 years of middle to high school English language study (Note: language requirements may vary slightly by institution);
- Be mature and self-disciplined students with a commitment to active participation in the Academy and its programming;
- Be non-native English speakers, non-U.S. citizens, and reside outside of the United States;
- Have sufficient personal funds to cover university fees and international airfare.
2017 EducationUSA Academy Host Institutions:
- Diablo Valley College(Pleasant Hill, California)
- Lewis and Clark College(Portland, Oregon)
- Northwestern University(Evanston, Illinois)
- Syracuse University(Syracuse, New York)
- Temple University(Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- University of Arkansas(Fayettville, Arkansas)
- University of Colorado Boulder(Boulder, Colorado)
- University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa(Honolulu, Hawaii)
- University of North Georgia(Dahlonega, Georgia)
- Washington University in St. Louis(St. Louis, Missouri)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University ( Florida)
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Montana State University ( Montana)
- University of Alabama-Huntsville (Alabama)
- University of Massachusetts Amherst ( Massachusetts)
For more information on the content of the program, please visit: http://www.edusaacademy.org/
To contact your local EducationUSA advisor, please visit: http://www.educationusa.state.gov/
*Application timelines vary by host institution.