Planned and spontaneous demonstrations often occur throughout Turkey in response to political, economic or other events. If you encounter a large public gathering or demonstration, the U.S. Consulate suggests that you avoid the area. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational. U.S. citizens are therefore urged to avoid the areas of demonstrations if possible, and to exercise caution if within the vicinity of any demonstrations.
*23 December 2016 – The U.S. Consulate in Adana informs U.S. citizens that a demonstration will take place in Mersin on Saturday, December 24 beginning at 12 noon, against recent terror attacks in Turkey, beginning at Tevfik Sirri Gur Stadium and culminate at Cumhuriyet Square.
*19 December 2016 – The U.S. Consulate in Adana informs U.S. citizens that general demonstrations are expected to take place between Ataturk Park and Adana’s Central Train Station on Tuesday afternoon, December 20, 2016.
*2 December 2016 – The U.S. Consulate in Adana informs U.S. citizens that the Republican People’s Party (CHP) will hold a political rally at Ugur Mumcu Square near Adana’s Central Train Station on Saturday, December 3, 2016, beginning at 14:00.
*25 November 2016 – The U.S. Consulate in Adana informs U.S. citizens that a march is expected to take place between Ataturk Park and Inonu Park in Adana starting at 18:00 pm this evening. Supporters of the Adana women’s platform will protest the State of Emergency.
*1 November 2016 – Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstrations in Adana, November 1 – U.S. Consulate Adana informs U.S. citizens that several demonstrations are expected to take place in Adana as outlined below.
*28 October 2016 – U.S. Consulate Adana informs U.S. citizens that a demonstration is expected to take place at Inonu Park, Adana, at 11:00 on Friday, October 28th, 2016. HDP- People’s Democracy Party- will hold a press statement and sit-in protest with the participation of the HDP officials to protest the government.
*28 October 2016 – U.S. Consulate Adana informs U.S. citizens that two demonstrations are expected to take place as a march from the Train Station Square to Ataturk Park at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 29th, 2016.
*5 October 2016 – 18:00 – U.S. Consulate Adana informs U.S. citizens that a demonstration is expected to take place at Ataturk Park, Adana, at 18:00 on Wednesday, October 5th, 2016.
* 6 April 2016 – 19:30 – Adana Metropolitan Municipality will hold an Islamic Conference at the Yuregir Serinevler Indoor Sports Arena on Mustafa Kemal Pasa Boulevard
* 6 April 2016 – 08:30 – Several labor Groups will hold a demonstration in front of the Courthouse near Inonu Park.
* 3 April 2016 – 11:00 – Several religious groups including the Prophet Lovers Platform will hold a celebration event for the birthday of Mohammed at 13:30. The Ugur Mumcu Square is scheduled to be closed from 11:00 AM until 16:00 PM on Sunday.
* 24 March 2016 – 18:00 – Several labor groups and NGOs will hold a demonstration in Inonu Park against the ruling party.
* 20 March 2016 – 10:00 – The People’s Democratic Party (HDP) will hold Nevruz Celebrations at Daglioglu Neighborhood in Adana.
* 19 March 2016 – 14:00 – The Ozgur-Der Group will hold a demonstration at Inonu Park to protest against Russian and Iranian involvement in the Syrian conflict.
* 16 March 2016 – A demonstration is expected to take place at Inonu Park at 13:00. The Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) and other Kurdish groups will hold the demonstration to mark the anniversary of the Halabja attack in 1988.
* 15 March 2016 – A march is expected to take place starting from the Adana Metropolitan Municipality Building towards Ataturk Park at 18:00. The Labor and Democracy Forces Group will hold the demonstration to protest the March 13th, Ankara bombing.
* 4 March 2016 – Turkish National Police, TNP, is investigating a report that the PKK intends to utilize a vehicle-borne explosive device to conduct an attack in Mersin – specifically at the Forum Shopping Mall, Kipa Supermarket area, and/or CNR EXPO Fair Center. Additional reports indicate that the TNP has increased their presence in these areas. There is no further information on the credibility of the initial report, or potential timing of an attack. Please exercise caution, and more information will be provided if and when it becomes available.
* 26 February 2016 – 17:00 – MHP will hold a rally in front of the Adana Municipality Building on Ataturk Boulevard
* 21 February 2016 – 17:00 – Turkish Youth Group will hold an anti-American demonstration at Ataturk Park, Americans are strongly advised to avoid the area starting at 16:00 and later through the evening
* 20 February 2016 – 19:00 – Social media organization for a convoy of vehicles which will traverse through the following areas; Galleria McDonalds, Galleria, Cevre Yolu, Hastaneler Kavsagi, Baraj Yolu, Turgut Ozal and Kenan Evren to demonstrate against the bombing in Ankara
* 18 February 2016 – 17:30 – Multiple NGOs will hold a demonstration in Inonu Park against the Ankara bombing
* 9 February 2016 – 19:00 – HDP Supporters will hold a sit-down demonstration against the ruling party at Inonu Park
* 11 January 2016 – 12:30 – NGOs will hold a demonstration against the Ministry of Religious Affairs of Turkey in front of the Court Building
* 5 January 2016 – 18:00 – The Egitim Sen Union will hold a demonstration in front of the Metropolitan Municipal Building On Ataturk Street.
* 7 January 2016 – 18:00 – The Women’s platform will hold a demonstration at Inonu Park against violence.
* 9 January 2016 – 16:00 and 19:00 – A music group which supports the DHKP-C will perform two protest concerts at Seyhan Municipality Culture Center.
* 25 November 2015 – 18:00 – Women’s Platform group will hold a protest march from January 5 Square to Inonu Park
* 28 November 2015 – Ongoing protest in Inonu Park today in response to the assassination in Diyarbakir of the Bar Association Chairman this morning. Large gatherings and protests are expected to continue to occur throughout the evening and will most likely concentrate in neighborhoods south of the D-400.
* 30 November 2015 – 13:00 – Several NGOs will hold a protest related to the Climate Summit Meeting in Paris. The protest will be held at the Abidin Dino Park located on Ataturk Boulevard.
* 11 December 2015 – 18:30 – Anti-American group IHH will hold a gathering near the stadium.
* 18 December 2015 – 12:30 – The Revolutionary Worker’s Union (DISK) will hold a press statement against the ruling party in Inonu Park today.
* 19 December 2015 – 14:00 – The Kurdish People’s democracy party (HDP) and a number of NGOs will hold a march and a protest against the ruling party from 5 January Square to Inonu Park.
* 22 December 2015 – 19:30 – The anti-American group Turkish Youth Union (TGB) in Adana will hold a solidarity dinner at the Ortacag Hanci Restaurant, Cukurova.
* 23 December 2015 – 17:00 – The anti-American group Turkish Youth Union (TGB) will hold a protest at the Youth Square located on Baraj Yolu.
* 28 December 2015 – 12:00 – The HDP will hold a protest in front of the HDP Party Building on Mithatpasa Street with the purpose of protesting the Turkish/Kurdish violence in Southeast Turkey.
* 29 December 2015 – 11:00 – Several union groups will hold the demonstration against the ruling party at Inonu Park.
* 30 December 2015 – 18:00 – Leftist June Unified Movement will hold a demonstration for peace at Inonu Park.
*31 December 2015 – 19:00 – The anti-US Group Anatolian Youth Union will hold an alternate New Year’s gathering at the Adnan Menderes Sports Hall in Vali Yolu Street.