Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I apply? All applications must be submitted by sending the required documentation through the ERA application at ERA Job Vacancies. Supporting documents and certificates can be attached using Adobe Acrobat Reader (pdf) or MS Word (doc/docx) format. Please do not attach any other formats to your e-mail. Please note that we cannot accept general applications, e.g. applications for positions that are currently not being advertised.
- Can I apply for more than one position? Yes. Applicants can apply for more than one position by submitting a separate application for each position vacancy through ERA.
- Can I send my application by mail or bring it in person? No. The United States Diplomatic Missions in Turkey only accept applications via the ERA Website powered by Monster.Com, that refer to vacancies as shown on our website. We no longer accept mail-in, e-mail, or drop-off applications.
- Can I request a full position description for the job I am applying for? Yes. You may contact us and our recruiters will send you the complete position description by e-mail. In any correspondence with us, you must enter the announcement number in the subject line of your message. Without this, we will not be able to reply to your inquiry for a position description.
- Will the U.S. Mission assist me with obtaining a residence/work permit? No. Applicants must be in possession of a valid unrestricted residence and work permit at the time of application in order to be considered eligible for employment. The U.S. Mission is not able – under any circumstances – to assist applicants in obtaining either permit with Turkish authorities.
- Must I reside in Turkey to be eligible to apply? No. The Human Resources (HR) Office will accept applications from candidates currently residing outside of Turkey. Non-Turkish applicants must provide appropriate, verifiable documentation with their application that demonstrate that they have a right to live and work in Turkey. In compliance with US State Department regulations, HR will not consider applications in the recruitment/screening process if such documentation is not provided, or the documentation is insufficient to establish the applicant’s right to live and work in Turkey. Exception to this rule includes U.S. citizen and non-U.S. citizen Eligible Family Members en-route to post.
- How do you choose who gets a job? All applications are screened for eligibility and qualification requirements as advertised. If the applicant is eligible and meets all of the minimum requirements of the position, he/she will be considered for an interview giving due consideration to U.S. citizen Eligible Family Member with or without Veteran hiring preferences. The hiring section will make the final decision on who will be selected.
- Are the job postings I am interested in up-to-date? Job postings on ERA Job Vacancies are updated daily.
- How can I withdraw my application? If you would like to withdraw your application, please login to the ERA site and withdraw your application. Please note that you can only withdraw your application within ERA up to the closing date of the Vacancy Announcement. Thereafter you will not be able to access the vacancy and will need to inform us should you be requested to come in for tests/interviews.