If you want your application to be noticed, and your qualifications recognized, please follow the advice given below.
We often receive hundreds of applications, and many of those applicants fully meet all of the required qualifications listed on the vacancy announcement. However, only the most competitive candidates are called in for further testing and possible interviews. In light of this, we recommend that you apply only if you fully meet all of the qualifications listed for the position. Again, please look over the required qualifications list in the vacancy announcement carefully.
If you feel that you are fully qualified for the position, please follow the guidance below and your application will be processed quickly and correctly.
Applications, resumes, and CVs can be sent via email and this is the preferred method of delivery.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not staffed to always respond to applicants’ questions sent via Email.
Please note that all Applications, Resumes and/or C.V.s should be sent directly to:
U.S. Embassy Ankara
Fax: (90-312) 457-7322
Attn: Recruitment Assistant, Human Resources Office
Embassy of the United States of America
Atatürk Bulvarı, No. 110
Kavaklıdere 06100 Ankara
U.S. Consulate General Istanbul
Fax: (90-212) 335-9135
Recruitment Assistant, Human Resources Office
U.S. Consulate General
Üçşehitler Sokak No.2
İstinye 34460 Istanbul
U.S. Consulate Adana
Fax: (90-322) 455-4141
Recruitment Assistant, Human Resources Office
Consulate of the United States
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir 01220 Adana
U.S. Embassy in Ankara, U.S. Consulate General in İstanbul and U.S. Consulate in Adana does not accept applications that are brought in person. You must follow one of the methods listed above to send in your application.
Remember, the candidate reduction process is done quickly and you don’t want us to miss any important points. The best way to get called for an interview is to prepare a clear, concise résumé and cover letter that demonstrate how your experience matches the requirements for the job. Use the information below to put together a comprehensive package.
1. All Resumes/C.V.s should be formatted to match the job announcement (see the recommended sample posted on the webpage). This greatly speeds up the qualification review process and helps show us that you meet all of the qualification listed in the job announcement. In other words, it is very much recommended to list your qualifications in the same order at listed on the job announcement or provide a cover letter that provides this information. We will look at all applications received but this will help us recognize your unique qualifications.
2. When you send us your Resume/CV via email, it should be included as an attachment to the email and not in the body of the email. Please be informed that links are not accepted as applications and the application form must be sent as an attachment.
3. Cover letters enhance your application and can show off your writing skills. Cover letters should be no more than one page in length and should tell us a little about you. List your qualifications for the position and show us why you are the best qualified for the position. This should also be included in the email as an attachment. Writing about the requirements for the job and how you meet them can be very helpful in the review process.
4. The subject line of the email should include the following:
a. “Application for”
b. The Announcement number located in the top of the vacancy announcement
c. The Position Title, Example “Admin Clerk”. It should look something like this: “Application for VA 19/07, Admin Clerk”.
5. Filling out the Universal Application for Employment Form DS-174 is optional (but preferred); however, your Resume/C.V. must, at a minimum, include all the information contained in the DS-174 so if you chose not to fill it out, you should at least familiarize yourself with the information requested on it. This will ensure that your résumé or C.V. is complete. You can download a copy of the DS-174 from our website. All the required documents (such as diploma, ID, military discharge document for male applicants, driving license, etc.) should be sent together with your application form.
6. We will not consider incomplete applications. Sending us an email that says, “Please consider me for this position” is not a complete application and will not be reviewed. It will be logged into the system and be checked off as incomplete.
7. The ability to follow instructions is a very important quality. If your application/C.V. has missing or incomplete information, it will be noticed and it could affect your standings in the group being considered for the position. Please use the sample résumé provided as a tool to help you submit clear and correct résumé.
Good luck in your search for employment.