Consulate of the United States of America
Emergency Security Message for U.S. Citizens
At approximately 08:05 this morning, an explosive device was detonated at the Governor’s office in Adana. The office is located SW of the intersection of Mücahitler and Mustafa Kemal Paşa roads. The U.S. Consulate recommends all U.S. citizens to avoid this area throughout the day, maintain a high level of vigilance, monitor local media for updates, and exercise caution if you are in the vicinity. No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, but terrorist organizations/groups continue to issue non-specific threats for SE Turkey. Please refer the U.S. Consulate’s website for a list of recommended personal security measures.
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
· See the State Department’s travel website<http://travel.state.gov/> for the Worldwide Caution<http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html>, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Turkey’s Country Specific Information<http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/turkey.html>.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program<https://step.state.gov/step/> (STEP<https://step.state.gov/step/>)toreceive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ankara<http://turkey.usembassy.gov/>, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555,8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General Istanbul).
· Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul<http://istanbul.usconsulate.gov/>, located at 2 Uçsehitler Sokagi, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
· Contact the U.S. Consulate in Adana<http://adana.usconsulate.gov/>, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
· Contact the Consular Agency in Izmir atIzmir@state.gov<mailto:Izmir@state.gov>.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).