March 2, 2021
The Government of Turkey (GoT) has announced the following measures for all 81 provinces effective immediately:
- On March 1, the Government of Turkey announced a four-tier system on local COVID-19 related restrictions. Provinces are now divided into 4 different risk groups: low (blue), medium (yellow), high (orange), and very high (red) based on infection and vaccination rates. To view the map, please visit the following page: https://covid19.saglik.gov.tr/.
- Dining establishments (restaurants, patisseries, cafes, and cafeterias) will be open for in-person dining at half capacity nationwide between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., excluding “very high” risk regions. A HES code is required to enter these dining establishments.
- The Ministry of Education has released information about the current operating plan for public educational institutions throughout Turkey. For detailed information, please visit http://www.meb.gov.tr/basin-aciklamasi/haber/22651/tr. Parents of all school-aged children are encouraged to contact their schools for additional information.
- Evening curfews from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day remain in effect nationwide every day of the week.
- For regions in the “high”and “very high” cagtegory, weekend curfews remain in effect from 9 p.m. on Friday through 5 a.m. Monday.
- For regions in “low” and “medium” category, weekend daytime curfews have been lifted , however, there will be a curfew between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, the same as the weekday curfew listed above.
Actions to Take:
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at checkpoints.
- Visit local resources for more information: Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer
U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)