March 3, 2021
New Updates: Previously listed curfew times for regions in the high and very high categories have been corrected under “curfew.”
The Government of Turkey (GoT) has announced the following measures for all 81 provinces effective immediately:
- On March 1, the Government of Turkey announced a four-tier system on local COVID-19 related restrictions. Provinces are now divided into 4 different risk groups: low (blue), medium (yellow), high (orange), and very high (red) based on infection and vaccination rates. To view the map, please visit the following page: https://covid19.saglik.gov.tr/.
- Dining establishments (restaurants, patisseries, cafes, and cafeterias) will be open for in-person dining at half capacity nationwide between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., excluding “very high” risk regions. A HES code is required to enter these dining establishments.
- The Ministry of Education has released information about the current operating plan for public educational institutions throughout Turkey. For detailed information, please visit http://www.meb.gov.tr/basin-aciklamasi/haber/22651/tr. Parents of all school-aged children are encouraged to contact their schools for additional information.
- Curfews from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day remain in effect nationwide every day of the week.
- For regions in the “high” and “very high” category, Sunday curfews remain in effect starting from 9 p.m. on Saturday through 5 a.m. Monday.
Actions to Take:
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at checkpoints.
- Visit local resources for more information: Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer
U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)