November 18, 2020
Health Alert: COVID-19 Related Restrictions in Turkey – Update
The Government of Turkey announced the following measures to combat COVID-19 in Turkey, which will go into effect at 20:00 on Friday, November 20, 2020, in all provinces, until further notice:
- Individuals age 65 and over are only allowed outside during the hours of 10:00-13:00.
- Individuals age 20 and below are only allowed outside during the hours of 13:00-16:00.
- For individuals not affected by the age-specific curfews listed above, until further notice, there will be a partial curfew on weekends. This curfew allows individuals to be outside during the hours of 10:00-20:00. This curfew extends into Monday mornings and below are the curfew restrictions by day:
- Saturdays and Sundays: curfew in effect from Saturday at 20:00 to Sunday at 10:00
- Sundays and Mondays: curfew in effect from Sunday at 20:00 to Monday at 05:00.
- Production, manufacturing, supply chains, and health workers are exempt from this weekend curfew. (The full circular text with exceptions to the curfew can be found at https://www.icisleri.gov.tr/koronavirus-salgini-yeni-tedbirler)
- All education and training activities for public schools will continue via distance education. Parents of school-age children in private institutions should contact their respective schools for specific information on how this restriction impacts their institution.
- Dining establishments such as restaurants, patisseries, cafes, and cafeterias will no longer be open for in-person dining; however, they will offer specific services at different times:
- Delivery or in-restaurant pickup service: between 10:00 and 20:00
- Delivery only: after 20:00 establishments will only be available to provide delivery.
- Shopping malls, supermarkets, barbers, and hairdressers will only be open for service during the hours of 10:00-20:00.
- Movie theaters, soccer fields, coffee houses, tea gardens, internet/electronic game halls, and billiard halls are suspended.
Actions to Take:
- Follow local restrictions.
- Follow social distancing public health recommendations.
- Check local regulations on wearing protective masks.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer
U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444