September 10, 2020
Any new items will be listed at the top of the message.
On September 8, the Turkish Interior Ministry issued a notice to the public regarding new COVID restrictions/guidance. Violators will be issued fines.
The new restrictions/guidance are as follows:
- Face masks must be worn in public (e.g. streets, gardens, workplaces, etc.) at all times in all 81 provinces of Turkey.
- Standing passengers will not be allowed in urban public transportation vehicles where physical distance rules cannot be applied.
- The playing of live music at restaurants and cafes after midnight is forbidden.
- Governors and district officials will increase the inspections of cafes, restaurants, and dining and entertainment venues to ensure adherence to COVID restrictions.
The circular text can be found at: https://www.icisleri.gov.tr/81-il-valiligine-koronavirus-tedbirleri-konulu-ek-genelge-gonderildi-08-09-20.
Actions to Take:
- Follow local restrictions.
- Follow social distancing public health recommendations.
- Check local regulations on wearing protective masks.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444