April 12, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
- The Wednesday, April 15, Belavia Airways flight will depart at 4:15am from Istanbul, allowing onward travel to the United States without requiring an overnight stay in Minsk. Belavia will also use a larger airplane for the April 15 flight to accommodate more passengers, in anticipation of the possible suspension of future flights.
- If you are not prepared to remain in Turkey for the foreseeable future, we urge you to book commercial travel now.
- Passengers should use a travel agency to book connecting flights through Europe and to the United States. Travel agents available to book these flights include:
◦Alabanda – www.alabanda.com.tr
◦BTO Bilimtur – www.btotravel.com, +90 312 468 75 80, firstname.lastname@example.org
◦Midillis Travel and Tourism – www.midillis.com, +90 (212) 458 08 00, email@example.com
- You can also call Belavia directly at +375 17 220 2555 to reserve a seat.
- On April 11, the Turkish Minister of Health confirmed a total of 52,167 COVID-19 cases, 1,101 related deaths, and 1,626 patients in intensive care.
- If you are a U.S. citizen trying to get home, we want to know. Please contact our consular team at the email addresses at the bottom of this page and provide a local phone number.
Actions to Take:
- If you have previously purchased tickets, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the local governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to double track your request for transit to the airport.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at check points and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Turkey’s Country Page
Turkey’s Travel Advisory