Health Alert: COVID-19 Related Restrictions in Turkey – Update
This is a weekly message reminding Americans in Turkey about COVID-19 related restrictions and available resources.
Any new items will be listed at the top of the message.
New Item: Turkish officials stress the importance of strictly following the social distancing rules, wear a mask and obey hygiene measures during the upcoming Sacrifice Holiday.
Actions to Take:
- Follow local restrictions on curfew.
- Follow social distancing public health recommendations.
- Check local regulations on wearing protective masks.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- If you have previously purchased tickets on a commercial airline, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey and for information regarding available commercial flight options to the United States.
- Review local resources for more information:
– Turkish Ministry of Health COVID-19
– Turkish Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
– Turkish Presidency’s interactive COVID-19 web page
– Turkish Ministry of Tourism and Culture
- Reminder for U.S. Citizens flying to the United States: You may only enter via CDC-approved airports and should follow COVID-19 restrictions in place at your final destination. Air travelers are advised to include their travel document (U.S. Passport/I-551) information in their reservations to help ensure they do not encounter issues when boarding their flights. A list of approved airports along with arrival information for international travelers entering the United States is available here: https://www.dhs.gov/coronavirus/protecting-air-travelers-and-american-public
- The pandemic restrictions for people over the age of 65 and children below the age of 18 only applies to Turkish citizens and residents; it does not apply to foreign tourists.
- Reminder for U.S. citizens planning travel into and out of Turkey with stops in other countries: Please check specific country restrictions on entry and transit.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444