Health Alert: COVID-19 Related Restrictions in Turkey
This is a weekly message reminding Americans in Turkey about COVID-19 related restrictions and available resources. Any new items will be listed at the top of the message.
We remind U.S. Citizens flying to the United States that they may only enter via CDC-approved airports and should follow COVID-19 restrictions in place at their final destination. Air travelers are advised to include their travel document (Passport/I-551) information in their reservations to help ensure they do not encounter issues when boarding their flights. A list of approved airports along with arrival information for international travelers entering the United States is available here: https://www.dhs.gov/coronavirus/protecting-air-travelers-and-american-public. We also remind U.S. citizens planning travel into and out of Turkey with stops in the European Union (EU) to check specific country restrictions on the EU website: https://reopen.europa.eu/en
Actions to Take:
- Follow local restrictions on curfew.
- Follow social distancing public health recommendations.
- Check local regulations on wearing protective masks.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- If you have previously purchased tickets on a commercial airline, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey and for information regarding available commercial flight options to the United States.
- Review local resources for more information:
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444