June 1, 2020
Health Alert: COVID-19 Related Restrictions in Turkey
- On June 4th Turkish Airlines is offering a flight from Istanbul direct to Toronto on flight TK4943. It is available now for booking. U.S. citizen passengers must stay in the transit area in the Toronto airport, and must present their direct onward tickets when arriving in Toronto.
- The flight departs June 4 from Istanbul at 07:50 and arrives in Toronto at 11:35.
- Please book your tickets directly at the Turkish Airlines website or through the call center (444-0849 or 0850-333-0849).
- Please arrive at least 3 hours prior to your flight. All travelers will be required to wear cloth face coverings and gloves during these flights and in the airport. Any questions related to baggage, pets, or seat selection, should be directed to the airlines. We understand that Turkish Airlines will not accept any cabin baggage on board except essential items such as a laptop, handbag, briefcase, or baby items.
- We understand that foreign nationals do NOT need an HES code for international flights, including domestic legs to connect to an international flight. For more information on the HES code requirements, please see either the Turkish Airlines website or https://covid19bilgi.saglik.gov.tr/tr/alinan-karalar.html.
Actions to Take:
- Information regarding other commercial flight options is available on the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 webpage.
- If you have previously purchased tickets on a commercial airline, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airline that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Review local resources for more information:
- Turkish Ministry of Health COVID-19
- Turkish Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Turkish Presidency’s interactive COVID-19 web page
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.