Health Alert: COVID-19 Related Restrictions in Turkey
- On 17 June, the government announced that wearing of masks in public is mandatory in Ankara, Bursa, and Istanbul. Those who do not wear a mask will be fined.
- The Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism now has a website showing hotels, restaurants, and tours and transfer vehicles which are complying with COVID-19 restrictions. See the link below in local resources and on our webpage.
Actions to Take:
- Information regarding other commercial flight options is available on the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 webpage.
- If you have previously purchased tickets on a commercial airline, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Review local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- Turkish Ministry of Health COVID-19
- Turkish Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Turkish Presidency’s interactive COVID-19 web page
- Turkish Ministry of Tourism and Culture
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow the Embassy’s primary social media accounts: Twitter and Facebook