Health Alert: COVID-19 Related Restrictions in Turkey
- The Government of Turkey has announced weekend curfews for all 81 provinces during the following dates and times:
-Between 09:00 and 15:00 on June 20
-Between 09:30 and 15:00 on June 27
-Between 09:30 and 18:30 on June 28
- The Ministry of Interior stated that those who had previously purchased intercity travel tickets (plane, bus, train, ferry, etc.) will be exempt. Bakeries, markets, butchers, patisseries and groceries, hotels, gas stations as well as private and public hospitals, pharmacies and animal clinics will continue to function as usual.
Actions to Take:
- Follow local restrictions on curfew.
- Follow social distancing public health recommendations.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- If you have previously purchased tickets on a commercial airline, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey and for information regarding available commercial flight options to the United States.
- Review local resources for more information:
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow the Embassy’s primary social media accounts: Twitter and Facebook