May 13, 2020
Health Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
Please click on the link below for a new video message for U.S. citizens in Turkey, covering the evolving situation regarding COVID-19, commercial flight options to the United States from Turkey, local restrictions, and specific services our consular sections are able to offer. U.S. Mission Turkey website: https://tr.usembassy.gov/american-citizen-services-covid-19-video-message-to-u-s-citizens-may-12-2020/
Actions to Take:
- If you intend to take one of the four Turkish Airlines flights listed above, please fill out this form.
- Information regarding other commercial flight options is available on the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 webpage.
- If you have previously purchased tickets on a commercial airline, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- While Turkish citizens can call “199” to seek an inter-city travel permit, U.S. citizens traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province must still contact the district governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for international departure. U.S. citizens can fill out this form for the Embassy to prepare a document in support of the travel permit application. We also may share this information with the Turkish authorities in support of your travel, but the decision to grant travel permissions lies with the district governor. Comply with local authorities at checkpoints and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Review local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer
U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444