March 22, 2020
Event: Turkish Airlines to Reduce International Commercial Routes from March 27, 2020
On March 22, 2020, Turkish Airlines announced that international flights, except to New York JFK, Washington Dulles, Hong Kong, Addis Ababa, and Moscow, will be suspended from March 27, 2020. Travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. In addition, Turkish Airlines has cancelled passenger flights to/from other locations. For an updated list of cancelled flights visit the Turkish Airlines website.
Visit the Turkish Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure website and the Turkish Directorate General of Civil Aviation website for additional information on entry restrictions imposed by Turkey.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
A Level 3 COVID-19 Outbreak Notice for Europe, which will affect transit travelers from Turkey to the United States.
Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest information regarding travel to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444