March 26, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens regarding COVID-19
As of March 25, local authorities have announced 2433 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 59 related deaths in Turkey.
The Ministry of Health has suspended non-emergency surgeries and requested that those coming to Turkey for the purpose of health tourism postpone their visits.
Turkish schools will remain closed through April 30.
As of March 27, 2020, Turkish Airlines will fly only to New York JFK, Washington Dulles, Hong Kong, Addis Ababa, and Moscow.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Travelers should be prepared for the possibility of additional travel or transit restrictions to be implemented with little or no advance notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest information regarding travel to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444