March 27, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens regarding COVID-19
This alert contains the following new information:
On March 26, the Turkish Ministry of Health announced 3629 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 75 related deaths in Turkey.
Turkish Airlines is further revising flight schedules to the United States, including opting to maintain flights to Chicago ORD rather than to New York JFK. Please consult the Turkish Airlines website for current routes.
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Travelers should be prepared for the possibility of additional travel or transit restrictions to be implemented with little or no advance notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest information regarding travel to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444