March 28, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Turkey Suspends All International Commercial Passenger Flights, Restricts Inter-City Travel
On March 27, the government of Turkey announced a suspension of all international commercial passenger flights to and from Turkey. Inter-city travel is limited, and travelers may be required to obtain permission from governors’ offices for inter-city air, train, bus and/or private vehicle travel.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Turkish General Directorate of Civil Aviation for up to date information on Turkey’s international flights.
- Visit the Turkish Airlines Coronavirus webpage for information on Suspended flights, Travel restrictions, Zero change fee, Flexible change, Online transactions, and their Announcements
- Visit the Turkish Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure for up to date information on intra-city travel.
- Embassy webpage on COVID-19
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444