March 30, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
- As of March 29, the Turkish Ministry of Health has confirmed 9,217 cases of COVID-19, 131 related deaths in Turkey, and 568 patients in intensive care.
- As of March 29, all passengers on domestic flights in Turkey are required to submit a travel permit obtained from the Travel Permit Council. Please consult the Turkish Airlines website for current requirements and available domestic routes.
- Local authorities may put in place additional COVID-19 restrictions. According to the Turkish Ministry of Interior, over a dozen towns and villages have been placed under quarantine.
Actions to Take:
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Visit the Turkish General Directorate of Civil Aviation for up to date information on Turkey’s international flights.
- Visit the Turkish Airlines Coronavirus webpage for information on Suspended flights, Travel restrictions, Zero change fee, Flexible change, Online transactions, and their Announcements
- Visit the TCDD press release on suspension of inter-city trains.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit the Turkish Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure for up to date information on intra-city travel.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts