April 5, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
- As of April 4, the Turkish Ministry of Health has confirmed 23,934 cases of COVID-19, 664 related deaths, and 1,311 patients in intensive care.
- If you are traveling to by road to reach an airport, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to facilitate your transit to the airport.
- Limited flights from Istanbul are still available with connections to the United States on Qatar Airways and Belavia Airways. For flights through Minsk, Belarus, passengers must use a travel agency to book connections through Europe and to the United States. Please note although there are additional international flights out of Istanbul, there might be limited onward connections to the United States and possible restrictions for transit travel. We strongly recommend that you check with the airlines and the transit country’s entry requirements before taking alternative flights.
Actions to Take
- Attend the virtual town hall meeting with American Citizen Services Chiefs on Monday, April 6, at 3PM. Consular Officers will answer your questions regarding COVID-19, commercial flight options to the United States from Turkey, local restrictions, and specific crisis services offered by U.S. Mission Turkey. Please submit all questions via email to ACS_Istanbul@state.gov by Sunday, April 5, 8PM.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Visit the Turkish General Directorate of Civil Aviation for up to date information on Turkey’s international flights.
- Visit the Turkish Airlines Coronavirus webpage for information on Suspended flights, Travel restrictions , Zero change fee , Flexible change, Online transactions, and their Announcements
- Visit the TCDD press release on suspension of inter-city trains.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444