April 6, 2020
Health Alert: COVID-19 Updates and Related Restrictions in Turkey
- Today at 3PM: Attend the virtual town hall meeting with American Citizen Services Chiefs. Consular Officers will answer your questions regarding COVID-19, commercial flight options to the United States from Turkey, local restrictions, and specific crisis services offered by U.S. Mission Turkey. We will admit the first 250 participants. Please use the following information to participate:
- If you are traveling to by road to reach an airport, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to facilitate your transit to the airport.
- We understand Qatar Airways has cancelled flights from Istanbul. Flights through Belavia Airways, transiting through Minsk, with connections to the United States still exist. Passengers must use a travel agency to book connections through Europe and to the United States.
Actions to Take:
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Visit the Turkish General Directorate of Civil Aviation for up to date information on Turkey’s international flights.
- Visit the Turkish Airlines Coronavirus webpage for information on Suspended flights, Travel restrictions, Zero change fee, Flexible change, Online transactions, and their Announcements
- Visit the TCDD press release on suspension of inter-city trains.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444