April 7, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
- Please find video of our April 6 Virtual Town Hall with the American Citizen Services Chiefs here.
- Limited commercial flights from Istanbul are still available with connections to the United States. Previously available commercial flight options are now decreasing in frequency. We strongly recommend that you confirm with the airlines any purchased ticket to confirm the flight is operational; we also recommend you check with the airlines and the transit country‘s entry requirements before taking alternative flights.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to facilitate your transit to the airport.
Actions to Take:
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Seek travel permission from your governor’s office for inter-city travel to Istanbul for immediate departure from Turkey. Notify the Embassy on the form referenced above so we can doubletrack the process.
- Comply with local authorities at check points and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit the Turkish General Directorate of Civil Aviation for up to date information on Turkey’s international flights.
- Visit the Turkish Airlines Coronavirus webpage for information on Suspended flights, Travel restrictions, Zero change fee, Flexible change, Online transactions, and their Announcements
- Visit the TCDD press release on suspension of inter-city trains.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444