April 14, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
- Last night, the Turkish government announced that there will be another curfew the weekend of April 17-19 in the 31 municipalities included in last weekend’s order. We do not know yet how this will impact weekend travel.
- The Wednesday, April 15, Belavia Airways flight will depart at 4:15 am from Istanbul, which will allow onward travel to the United States without requiring an overnight stay in Minsk. We cannot guarantee the future availability of this flight option. If you are not prepared to remain in Turkey for the foreseeable future, we urge you to book commercial travel now.
- If you are a U.S. citizen trying to get home, we want to know. Please contact our consular team at the email addresses at the bottom of this page and provide a local phone number.
- On April 13, the Turkish Minister of Health confirmed a total of 61,049 COVID-19 cases, 1,296 related deaths, and 1,786 patients in intensive care.
Actions to Take:
- If you have previously purchased tickets, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the local governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to double track your request for transit to the airport.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at check points and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Turkey’s Country Page
Turkey’s Travel Advisory