April 16, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
- Video Message to U.S. Citizens in Turkey from American Citizen Services Chiefs.
- British Airways has scheduled a flight from Istanbul to London, BA 677 IST-LHR, on Friday, April 17 at 5:35 pm. There are onward connections to United States. U.S. citizens may transit London but please read additional details here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/. We understand you can book directly with the airline online or via mobile app.
- Belavia Airways has scheduled a flight from Istanbul to Minsk, B2 784 IST-MSQ, on Friday, April 17 at 4:15 am, which will allow same-day onward travel to the United States through Amsterdam and Frankfurt. Passengers should use a travel agency to book connecting flights through Europe and to the United States in order to ensure their luggage is ticketed to their final destination. Travel agents available to book these flights include:
- Alabanda – www.alabanda.com.tr, +90 312 440 56 00; firstname.lastname@example.org
- BTO Bilimtur – www.btotravel.com, +90 312 468 75 80, email@example.com
- Midillis Travel and Tourism – www.midillis.com, +90 (212) 458 08 00, firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also call Belavia directly at +375 17 220 2555 to reserve a seat.
- We cannot guarantee the future availability of these flight options. If you are not prepared to remain in Turkey for the foreseeable future, we urge you to book commercial travel now.
- If you are a U.S. citizen trying to get home, we want to know. Please contact our consular team at the email addresses at the bottom of this page and provide a local phone number.
- On April 15, the Turkish Minister of Health confirmed a total of 69,392 COVID-19 cases, 1,518 related deaths, and 1,820 patients in intensive care.
Actions to Take:
- If you have previously purchased tickets, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the local governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to double track your request for transit to the airport.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at check points and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Turkey’s Country Page
Turkey’s Travel Advisory