April 17, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
U.S. citizens looking to depart Turkey can book the following commercial flight options. You must find and purchase onward flights to the United States in order to transit. Please contact travel agents or airlines directly to book these flights. Please confirm information about transiting these airports with the links provided, and check current Covid-19 regulations in these countries, as information may change. The flights are subject to change or cancelation, and tickets may sell out.
Monday 4/20, Wednesday 4/22, and Friday 4/24: Belavia airlines via Minsk, and then transiting Frankfurt or Amsterdam. There are direct flights to the US from Frankfurt or Amsterdam.
Belavia Airlines – https://en.belavia.by/
Alabanda – www.alabanda.com.tr, +90 312 440 56 00; email@example.com
BTO Bilimtur – www.btotravel.com, +90 312 468 75 80, firstname.lastname@example.org
Midillis Travel and Tourism – www.midillis.com, +90 212 458 08 00, email@example.com
From Ankara and Izmir:
Monday 4/27, Tuesday, 4/28, and Wednesday 4/29: Sun Express has flights from Izmir and Ankara to Frankfurt. There are direct flights to the US from Frankfurt.
- A reminder that, starting midnight tonight, ending midnight Sunday, April 19, a weekend curfew will again be in effect for Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Aydin, Balikesir, Bursa, Denizli, Diyarbakir, Erzurum, Eskisehir, Gaziantep, Hatay, Istanbul, Izmir, Kahramanmaras, Kayseri, Kocaeli, Konya, Malatya, Manisa, Mardin, Mersin, Mugla, Ordu, Sakarya, Samsun, Sanliurfa, Tekirdag, Trabzon, Van, and Zongguldak provinces.
- On April 16, the Turkish Minister of Health confirmed a total of 74,193 COVID-19 cases, 1,643 related deaths, and 1,854 patients in intensive care.
Actions to Take:
- If you need financial assistance for a commercial flight option and are interested in a repatriation loan from the U.S. Government, please contact us.
- If you have previously purchased tickets, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the local governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to track your request for transit to the airport.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at check points and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Turkey’s Country Page
Turkey’s Travel Advisory