April 19, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Information Regarding Direct Flights to the United States
Turkish Airlines will be opening booking for three direct flights to the United States:
Thursday, 23 April 2020
Flight TK 4940 / Istanbul (IST) – Los Angeles (LAX)
Flight TK 4030 / Istanbul (IST) – New York (JFK)
Flight TK 4906 / Istanbul (IST) – Washington, D.C. (IAD)
THY says it will rebook purchased tickets for canceled or future flights on these flights. Due to a technical issue, these flights are not currently available for booking. We will transmit a new message once they are available for booking. You may also monitor the Turkish Airlines website for reservations and ticketing (https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr/) or telephone 444 08 49 for more information.
Actions to Take:
- If you have previously purchased tickets, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the local governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to double track your request for transit to the airport.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at check points and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit the Turkish General Directorate of Civil Aviation for up to date information on Turkey’s international flights.
- Visit the Turkish Airlines Coronavirus webpage for information on Suspended flights, Travel restrictions, Zero change fee, Flexible change, Online transactions, and their Announcements
- Visit the TCDD press release on suspension of inter-city trains.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Turkey’s Country Page
Turkey’s Travel Advisory