April 20, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Information Regarding Direct Flights to the United States
Tickets for the three direct flights to the United States offered this week are now available on the Turkish Airlines website https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr/flights/booking/ or by calling the Turkish Airlines customer service center (444 0 849 | 0850 333 0 849). You do not need a special code or be on an embassy list; just tell the agent the date, time and destination of the flight you want to book. If you are an American citizen or Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) and want to return to the United States, book your ticket now!
Please note that flights will continue during the upcoming curfew. Travelers who intend to board Turkish Airlines flights below will need to ensure they are in Istanbul by midnight 22 April – before the official start of the curfew.
If you intend to take one of these flights, please fill out this form so we can flag your intention to purchase a ticket for one of these flights to both Turkish Airlines and Turkish authorities. You will still need to book the flight directly with Turkish Airlines.
DIRECT FLIGHTS TO THE UNITED STATES
Thursday, April 23 2020
Flight TK 4940 Istanbul (IST) – Los Angeles (LAX)
Departs 02:25, Arrives 06:05
Flight TK 4030 Istanbul (IST) – New York (JFK)
Departs 14:40, Arrives 18:30
Friday, April 24 2020
Flight TK 4906 Istanbul (IST) – Washington D.C. (IAD)
Departs 02:40, Arrives 06:30
Actions to Take:
- If you intend to take one of these flights, please fill out this form.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the local governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to double track your request for transit to the airport.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at check points and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Turkey’s Country Page
Turkey’s Travel Advisory