April 21, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Information Regarding Direct Flights to the United States
Booking is now available for the three direct Turkish Airlines flights this week. This is a commercially operated flight and NOT a U.S. government operated flight. Any questions related to the flight (seat preference, luggage, ability to take pets) should be directed to Turkish Airlines.
The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that foreign travelers with locally issued travel permits in hand, can travel through provinces, and through Istanbul, in order to depart Turkey on Thursday and Friday, during the curfew. You must obtain your travel permit from Turkish authorities prior to Wednesday, April 22, 11:59 PM.
If you intend to take one of these flights, please fill out this form so we can flag your intention to purchase a ticket for one of these flights to both Turkish Airlines and Turkish authorities. You will still need to book the flight directly with Turkish Airlines.
DIRECT FLIGHTS TO THE UNITED STATES
Thursday, April 23, 2020
Flight TK 4940 Istanbul (IST) – Los Angeles (LAX)
Flight TK 4030 Istanbul (IST) – New York (JFK)
Friday, April 24, 2020
Flight TK 4906 Istanbul (IST) – Washington D.C. (IAD)
Actions to Take:
- If you intend to take one of these flights, please fill out this form.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the local governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to double-track your request for transit to the airport.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at checkpoints and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Turkey’s Country Page
Turkey’s Travel Advisory