April 28, 2020
Health Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
- A reminder that we are no longer sending daily health alerts. We will provide updates at least weekly, and are available 24/7 at the contact information below if you have a question or concern.
- Information regarding upcoming commercial flights is available on the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 page: https://tr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-04282020/
- Curfew: Turkish authorities announced a three-day curfew from 11:59 PM Thursday, April 30 through 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 3. The curfew covers 31 municipalities and provinces. Markets, bakeries, and grocery stores will remain open with limited hours on May 1 only, and customers are permitted to buy essentials within walking distance in their neighborhoods or have them delivered. Motor vehicle use during the curfew is not permitted except for those with disabilities. Essential services including hospitals, pharmacies and airports will remain open.
Actions to Take:
- If you are a U.S. citizen trying to get home, we want to know. Please contact our consular team at the email addresses at the bottom of this page and provide a local phone number.
- If you have previously purchased tickets, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- If you are traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province, please contact the local governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for your international departure. In addition, inform us by filling out this form with your name, date of birth, passport number, current location, and flight information (number, date, time). Please also include your mobile phone number. We will share your information with Turkish authorities in order to double-track your request for transit to the airport.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at check points and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444