May 7, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. Citizens – New Planned Direct Flights to the United States
Booking is now available for one of the four direct Turkish Airlines flights next week:
- Istanbul (IST) to Miami (MIA) departing Saturday, May 16 at 18:30
Book your tickets now from the Turkish Airlines website or call center (444-0849 or 0850-333-0849). This is a commercially operated flight and NOT a U.S. government operated flight. Any questions related to the flight (seat preference, luggage, ability to take pets) should be directed to Turkish Airlines.
The other three direct Turkish Airlines flights are not yet available for sale, and we will message again when sales are open.
PROJECTED DIRECT FLIGHTS TO THE UNITED STATES
- Istanbul (IST) to New York (JFK) departing Thursday, May 14 at 14:40
- Istanbul (IST) to Chicago (ORD) departing Friday, May 15 at 16:05
- Istanbul (IST) to Houston (IAH) departing Saturday, May 16 at 14:05
Actions to Take:
- If you intend to take one of the four Turkish Airlines flights listed above, please fill out this form.
- Information regarding commercial flight options is available on the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 webpage.
- If you have previously purchased tickets, we recommend that you reconfirm with the airlines that the flight is operational and verify the transit country’s entry requirements prior to your departure.
- While Turkish citizens can call “199” to seek an inter-city travel permit, U.S. citizens traveling by road to reach an airport in a different province must still contact the district governor’s office to obtain permission to travel by land for international departure. U.S. citizens can fill out this form for the Embassy to prepare a document in support of the travel permit application. We also may share this information with the Turkish authorities in support of your travel, but the decision to grant travel permissions lies with the district governor. Comply with local authorities at checkpoints and clearly state your intention to seek immediate departure from Turkey.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
Follow the Embassy’s primary social media accounts: Twitter and Facebook