We encourage you to mail your ballots in as soon as possible. Unfortunately, since we are past our recommended October 15th deadline for ballot drop off to the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulates, we cannot guarantee that ballots dropped off to us for mailing to the United States will arrive to your State’s voting office in time to be counted. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to consider other options for returning your ballots.
First, you should check with your state to see if they accept ballots by fax or by email. Otherwise, if your state requires your ballot be sent by mail, you can use a courier service, such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
If you haven’t received your ballot yet, you can go to FVAP.gov and print a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot. But don’t wait! Time is running out, so act now to make sure your vote counts!
If you need additional assistance with absentee voting, you can contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program by email and toll-free phone at https://www.fvap.gov/info/contact. In addition, FVAP is offering recurring virtual voting assistance via Zoom for the next two weeks to provide direct support to overseas citizens. Voters can participate in any of the meetings and speak with an FVAP voting Ambassador who can answer questions about absentee voting, including inquiries about the FPCA and FWAB forms. Voters can also use the chat to write their questions for the FVAP representatives.
Please Note: None of these sessions will be recorded nor will they be uploaded to social media. These office hours are intended to support those voters who are not able to call during FVAP’s regular business hours.
Every Wednesday at 6:00 AM EST (converted time = Istanbul 1:00 PM)
FVAP Representative: Sean
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89965798879?pwd=MHJnbDhWZzQrTDNKNFowL0dPTnFWUT09
Meeting ID: 746 356 6929
Pass code: 234960
Every Thursday at 7:00 AM EST (converted time = Istanbul 2:00 PM)
FVAP Representative: Kayla
Zoom Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/9750035128?pwd=TFZnTHd2dkR6YVhxbWNlcVB2Vy9BUT09
Meeting ID: 975 003 5128
Pass code: 28Xx2X
Actions To Take:
- If allowed by your state, return your Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot by email or fax. Review your state’s voting procedures at www.FVAP.gov carefully for guidance.
- Return your ballot to the United States via a commercial express courier service such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL or return your voted ballot electronically if allowed by your state. Ballots sent to local election officials via express courier service do not receive standard postmarks, so voters using this method should confirm delivery on or before November 3 prior to payment and shipment. Check your state’s voting procedures at www.FVAP.gov for guidance.
- Drop off your ballot at the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, or the U.S. Consulate in Adana. Please keep in mind that due to the late date, we strongly recommend you return your ballot via a commercial express courier to ensure its timely arrival.
- Confirm your registration and ballot delivery online. Learn more at the Federal Voting Assistance Program’s (FVAP) website at www.FVAP.gov.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444