Restrictions Lifted: On Sunday, June 27, 2021, the Government of Turkey (GoT) announced that all restrictions will be lifted, effective July 1, 2021 at 5 a.m. Groceries, restaurants, and other establishments will be fully open. Mask requirements remain in effect. Please refer to the Ministry of Interior (MOI) circular for more information.
Updated Flight Restrictions: On Monday, June 28, 2021, the GoT announced the suspension of all flights from Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka until further notice, effective July 1 at 5 a.m. Passengers who have been in these countries within 14 days of their arrival to Turkey will be subject to quarantine measures. In addition, passengers arriving from Afghanistan and Pakistan, or who have been in these countries within 14 days of their arrival, will be subject to quarantine measures. Please refer to the MOI circular and check with your airline(s) for more information.
International flights can be suspended, or restrictions changed at any time. Please check with your airline(s) for the most up to date information required for your flight(s) and entry requirements.
ACTION TO TAKE:
- Visit our U.S. Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey, including local restrictions.
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Comply with local authorities at checkpoints.
- Review local resources for more information:
* Turkish Ministry of Health COVID-19
* Turkish Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
* Turkish Presidency’s interactive COVID-19 page
U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer
U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana, Turkey
U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444