Event: U.S. Mission Türkiye understands and appreciates that U.S. citizens want to assist in recovery efforts. However, it is important to keep flights and roads to southeastern Türkiye open for trained search and rescue, humanitarian response, and medical professionals, so that they can access the area and perform their specialized services. We encourage U.S. citizens to review the information provided by USAID about the U.S. government response and how individuals may help: https://www.cidi.org/disaster-responses/turkiye-earthquake/. Alternatively, consider researching opportunities to assist through Government of Türkiye and local organizations, including:
• The Government of Türkiye’s Disaster Management Agency (AFAD) https://en.afad.gov.tr;
• Turkish Red Crescent/Türk Kızılay (https://www.kizilay.org.tr);
• Local blood banks (https://www.kanver.org/KanHizmetleri/KanBagisiNoktalari); or
• Local Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations.
U.S. Mission Türkiye would also like to alert citizens of the potential for fraudulent solicitations for financial support to earthquake relief efforts. Unfortunately, cybercriminals all over the world have used natural disasters and other tragedies in the past to defraud people seeking to make charitable donations. We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens channel financial donations directly through a recognized and reputable organization.
Note that even email solicitations appearing to be from known and reputable organizations may be fraudulent. Emails and text messages are the most common ways these fraudulent solicitations are circulated. Criminals may also use other methods, including QR codes on public bulletins and online advertising.
• If you are in Türkiye, notify friends and family of your safety.
• Direct inquiries regarding U.S. citizens impacted by the earthquake to U.S. Embassy Ankara at Ankara-ACS@state.gov.
• U.S. citizens in Türkiye should enroll in STEP to receive the latest security and advisory information, as well as assist the Embassy in contacting U.S. citizens in an emergency.
U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Türkiye)
1480 Sokak No. 1
Çukurambar Mahalllesi 06530
Çankaya, Ankara, Türkiye
U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Türkiye)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer
U.S. Consulate (Adana, Türkiye)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana, Türkiye
U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Türkiye)
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1 (202) 501-4444 (from overseas) or +1 (888) 407-4747 (from the United States)
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
Follow our main U.S. Embassy social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.