The U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul will be closed tomorrow, January 9th, due to inclement weather. All consular services including visa appointments and American Citizen Service appointments for passports, consular reports of birth abroad (CRBA), and notaries are cancelled. Emergency services for U.S. citizens will be provided.
To reschedule a passport, notary or CRBA appointment, please schedule your new appointment here: https://evisaforms.state.gov/Instructions/ACSSchedulingSystem.asp
Visa applicants who have appointments today will be sent e-mails indicating their new appointment dates and times.
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
· See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Turkey’s Country Specific Information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General Istanbul).
· Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, located at 2 Uçsehitler Sokagi, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
· Contact the U.S. Consulate in Adana, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
· Contact the Consular Agency in Izmir at Izmir@state.gov.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
· Please note this distribution list does not accept replies.