· Throughout Turkiye (ongoing)
· U.S. Consulate Adana (October 18, 2023)
· Following recent protest activity, the U.S. Consulate in Adana will be closed to the public Wednesday, October 18, 2023.
· Large demonstrations related to events in Israel and Gaza are expected throughout Turkiye for the next several weeks. Any gathering, even those intended to be peaceful, could escalate and turn violent. In the event of peaceful protests near the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Turkiye, police may block the road and increase police presence, however the offices will remain open to U.S. citizens with scheduled appointments unless we announce closure to the public.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas around protests and demonstrations.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Consulate General IstanbulACS_Istanbul@state.govhttps://tr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/Istanbul/Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75 İstinye 34460 Sariyer, Istanbul, Türkiye +90-212-335-9000
U.S. Consulate AdanaCA-Adana@state.govhttps://tr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/Adana/Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah. Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE Tel: +90-322-455-4100
U.S. Consular Agency Izmirizmir@state.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444