Event: U.S. Mission Türkiye notes that for individuals leaving earthquake-affected areas, commercial air and bus routes remain open, and many are free or available at low cost. There have also been reports of isolated security-related incidents in areas impacted by the earthquake.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Avoid crowds and large gatherings
- Ensure good hand hygiene and wear personal protective equipment when appropriate, especially when assisting victims and response teams.
- U.S. citizens in Türkiye should enroll in STEP to receive the latest security and advisory information
- Individuals in need of shelter or other assistance should check the following websites for local resources.
- U.S. Citizens in Türkiye in need of immediate, emergency assistance should call Turkish authorities using the phone number 112. U.S. citizens in need of assistance arranging transportation out of the affected areas, as well as all other inquiries regarding U.S. citizens impacted by the earthquake, should be directed to U.S. Embassy Ankara at Ankara-ACS@state.gov.
- U.S. Citizens can download the Government of Türkiye’s Disaster Management Agency (AFAD) “Acil Cagri” application for iOS and Android or call the numbers below:
- AFAD Adana: 0-322-227-2854
- AFAD Ankara: 0-312-258-2323
- AFAD Adiyaman: 0-416-216-1231
- AFAD Batman: 0-488-213-9133
- AFAD Diyarbakir: 0-412- 326-1156
- AFAD Gaziantep: 0-342-428-1118
- AFAD Hatay: 0-326-112-0000
- AFAD Malatya: 0-422-212-8432
- AFAD Mardin: 0-582-212-3740
- AFAD Kahramanmaras: 0-344-221-4991
- AFAD Osmaniye: 0-328-826-2002
- AFAD Sanliurfa: 0-414-313-72-90
U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Türkiye)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer
U.S. Consulate (Adana, Türkiye)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana, Türkiye
U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Türkiye)
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1 (202) 501-4444 (from overseas) or +1 (888) 407-4747 (from the United States)