March 4, 2018
Location: U.S. Embassy Ankara, Kavaklidere district, Ankara.
Embassy Ankara informs U.S. citizens that the U.S. Embassy in Ankara will be closed to the public on March 5, 2018, due to a security threat. The Embassy will announce its reopening, once it resumes services.
During this period, only emergency services will be provided. Routine services, such as passport renewals including lost or stolen passports, reports of birth abroad, and notarial services, are not considered emergencies. Requests for these services will be processed through our online appointment system once the Embassy reopens. Visa interviews and other routine services are cancelled; applicants will be informed directly of steps to take.
Actions to take:
- Avoid large crowds.
- Avoid the Embassy.
- Heighten your personal security posture and awareness if you choose to visit popular tourist sites, shopping malls, shopping districts, and sports and entertainment venues.
- Notify family and friends of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- S. Embassy, Ankara
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts