October 18, 2023
· Throughout Turkiye
· U.S. Consulate Adana
· The U.S. Consulate in Adana will remain closed to the public until further notice. U.S. citizens can reschedule their appointments to the U.S. Embassy in Ankara.
· Large demonstrations related to events in Israel and Gaza are expected throughout Turkiye for the next several weeks. Any gathering, even those intended to be peaceful, could escalate and turn violent. Protest activity may result in enhanced police presence, road closures, and traffic disruptions.
· U.S. government personnel in Turkiye have been instructed to minimize movements and avoid travel to the Consulate Adana consular district in southeast Turkiye.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas around protests and demonstrations.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Become familiar with alternate routes to common destinations and plan to avoid traffic disruptions.