Security Alert: Updated Worldwide Caution
August 3, 2022
The Department of State updated the Worldwide Caution on August 2: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/worldwide-caution.html. Worldwide Cautions provide U.S. citizens with general information regarding terrorist activities, political violence, and criminal activity that occur abroad, as well as specific recommendations on how to prepare for possible contingencies, receive information on breaking security events and ensure that travelers can be contacted in an emergency. This version replaces the Worldwide Caution dated January 15, 2019.
For further information:
- See the Department of State’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, and country information.
- Follow our main U.S. Embassy social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- The Department of State’s Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) provides several resources to enhance the safety and security of the U.S. private sector abroad. Additional information on OSAC can be found on OSAC.gov or by following OSAC on Twitter.
- Mariners and U.S. citizens considering maritime travel should also review information at the websites of the National Geospatial Agency, the Maritime Security Communications with Industry Portal, and the U.S. Coast Guard for information related to maritime and port security globally.
- Travelers should review the CDC website on international travel for health- related restrictions and travel health notices.
U.S. Consulate General Istanbul
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
U.S. Consulate Adana
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
U.S. Consular Agency Izmir
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444