Credible Threats to Tourist Sites
April 26, 2016
The U.S. Embassy in Ankara informs U.S. citizens that the U.S. Government continues to receive credible indications that terrorist groups are seeking opportunities to attack popular tourist destinations throughout Turkey. The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that foreign tourists in Turkey have been explicitly targeted by terrorist organizations, and advises U.S. citizens to be mindful of the potential for danger in crowded public areas and at popular tourist destinations.
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Turkey’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General Istanbul).
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, located at 2 Uçsehitler Sokagi, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Adana, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
- Contact the Consular Agency in Izmir at Izmir@state.gov.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).