Consulate of the United States of America
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration in Adana, September 24
22 September 2017
U.S. Consulate Adana informs U.S. citizens that a demonstration is expected to take place at the Ugur Mumcu Square (Train Station Square) in Adana, at approximately 15:00 on Sunday, September 24, 2017. Halklarin Demokratik Partisi (HDP) will hold the demonstration. The demonstration is expected to be well attended. Road closures are likely to start in advance of the demonstration.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, the Europe Travel Alert, and Turkey’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is+90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General Istanbul).
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, located at Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No. 75, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Adana, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
- Contact the Consular Agency in Izmir at Izmir@state.gov.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.