U.S. Consulate Adana, Turkey
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration in Mersin
December 22, 2016
The U.S. Consulate in Adana informs U.S. citizens that a demonstration will take place in Mersin on Saturday, December 24 beginning at 12 noon. The demonstration is against recent terror attacks in Turkey and will begin at Tevfik Sirri Gur Stadium and culminate at Cumhuriyet Square. The U.S. Consulate reminds all U.S. citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. U.S. citizens should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
· See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution , Turkey’s Travel Warning, Travel Alerts, and Turkey’s Country Specific Information (https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/turkey.html) .
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and help us locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General Istanbul).
· Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, located at 2 Uçsehitler Sokagi, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
Contact the U.S. Consulate in Adana, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
· Contact the Consular Agency in Izmir at Izmir@state.gov.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).