U.S. Consulate General Istanbul – March 18, 2017
Demonstrations are being planned in Istanbul’s Fatih district at Sarachane Park this afternoon at approximately 1500 hours to protest airstrikes near Aleppo, Syria. This demonstration is expected to be peaceful, but also likely to involve anti-Western/American sentiment and could possibly inspire additional demonstrations throughout Istanbul with little or no warning.
The U.S. Consulate General reminds U.S. citizens that demonstrations and large events intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational. We advise U.S. citizens to avoid large political gatherings, protests, and demonstrations and to exercise caution if you are in the vicinity.
For further detailed information regarding Turkey and travel:
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, located at 110 Ataturk Boulevard, Kavaklidere, 06100 Ankara, at +90-312-455-5555, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +90-312-455-5555 or +90-212-335-9000 (U.S. Consulate General Istanbul).
· Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, located at 2 Uçsehitler Sokagi, 34460, Istinye, Sariyer, at +90-212-335-9000.
· Contact the U.S. Consulate in Adana, located at 212 Girne Bulvari, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana at +90-322-455-4100.
· Contact the Consular Agency in Izmir at Izmir@state.gov.
· Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Please note this distribution list does not accept replies.