Current operating status
Please note, for all in-person services: Due to health and safety restrictions, limited services are available. If you have been outside of Turkey in the 10 days prior to your appointment, you will need to reschedule.
Need to Renew an Expired Passport?
If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until December 31, 2021. Please review the information on this web page to determine if you qualify: https://tr.usembassy.gov/message-to-us-citizens-25may2021/.
You can renew your full-validity, 10-year passport by mail. Please review our website for mail-in options for passports that might be available to you.
Due to health and safety restrictions, we have limited availability for routine consular services. If you would like to schedule an appointment, you must agree to the entry requirements and terms service below:
- If your intended service does not match the appointment you schedule online, we will not be able to assist you and you will need to re-schedule.
- You must be on-time and cannot arrive more than 10 minutes early.
- You must wear a mask covering both your nose and mouth.
- You must arrive with identification and all required documents, photos, and photocopies.
- You must arrive with cash (USD or TRY) or a credit card (Turkish debit cards are not accepted) to pay for your service
- If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms in the 14 days prior to your appointment, such as a fever, shortness of breath, or a persistent cough, you cannot enter to the facility.
- You must agree to check your temperature 24 hours before your appointment and, if it is 100.4°F/38°C or higher, you cannot enter the facility.
- You must confirm that you will not have international travel outside of Turkey, including to or from the U.S., in the 10 days prior to your appointment. If you will enter Turkey less than 10 days prior to your appointment, you will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- If you have any close contact in the 10 days prior to your appointment with individuals who have had international travel, including the U.S., you cannot enter the facility.
- If you have any close contact with anyone under isolation or quarantine in the 10 days prior to your appointment, you cannot enter the facility. You must contact us to re-schedule.
In order to confirm your understanding of these terms of service and schedule an appointment, please click the following link: I acknowledge and agree to these terms and will adhere to the health and safety guidelines above.
To schedule an appointment at the Consular Agency in Izmir, please email Izmir Consular Agency.