Apply Online for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)
A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) is a formal document certifying the acquisition of United States citizenship at birth for a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents who meet the requirements for transmitting citizenship under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). United States non-citizen nationals are also eligible for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, using the non-citizen option.
CRBA applications must be made before the child’s 18th birthday. We recommend that parents apply for the CRBA as soon as possible after the child’s birth.
To be eligible to apply for a CRBA online, you MUST answer all the following criteria with YES.
- Was the child born in TÜRKİYE?
- Is the child under the age of 18?
- Was at least one parent a U.S. citizen or U.S. non-citizen national when the child was born?
- Can you use an internationally accepted credit/debit card or a direct payment method from a U.S. dollar denominated bank account (also known as “ACH”) to pay online for your Consular Report of Birth Abroad application?
- Are you a biological parent of a child born abroad who is applying for that child?
If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you MUST apply by completing a paper application (DS-2029).
Do you wish to apply electronically for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (eCRBA)?
- Yes, I wish to apply using an electronic application (I acknowledge that I must allow five business days between my payment and the appointment to use this option).
- No, I will complete a paper application.
Need a duplicate copy of CRBA?
If you would like a duplicate/additional copy of your Consular Report of Birth Abroad, please visit the Department of State website to find the information needed to submit your request. The U.S. Embassies/Consulates around the world do not keep records of your Consular Report of Birth Abroad and cannot issue duplicate/additional copies.
A written request letter can be notarized at no cost at the Embassy/Consulate. Please book a notary appointment here.