Due to the recent security alert, all public services and appointments are temporarily suspended.
Applying for a U.S. passport abroad is a different process from applying for one in the United States. The application forms, required documentation, and costs are the same, but expedited services are not available.
Please use our Passport Wizard to fill out your passport application. Completing your application online and printing it will help assure timely and accurate processing. Note: you cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States.
- If your passport has already expired, it cannot be extended. You must apply for a new passport.
- To renew a passport for a child under the age of 16, please follow the instructions for a minor passport application.
- If your child received a passport between age 0 and 5 and they are applying for a passport renewal, please provide yearly photographs to demonstrate the change in appearance.
- The processing time for passports is two to three weeks. The processing time for passport cards is one month.
- All passport are returned via UPS. UPS charges a fee for the service on delivery.
The American Citizen Services fees are as follow:
|Adult Passport – first time or replacement||145.00|
|Adult Passport Card||30.00|
|Minor Passport Card||15.00|
|Adult passport renewal||110.00|
|Child under 16 passport – first time or replacement application||115.00|
|Consular Report of Birth||100.00|
Forms of Payment
Credit cards: We accept most U.S. and Turkish credit cards. You can use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Novus/Discovery, and Diners credit cards.
Cash and Checks: We do not accept traveler’s checks and personal checks. You can pay in U.S. Dollars or Turkish Liras.