To make a name change or correct information on your passport, you can mail-in your application to Ankara. You can mail-in the necessary documentation. Some examples below:
- When there is a change in your identifying information, such as name change due to marriage or by court order (official English translation of the court order must be submitted, Turkish marriage books are multilingual and does not require translation)
- To extend the validity of certain previously limited passports
- To correct a Passport Services printing error.
Please fill out form DS-5504 online by using the passport wizard, print, and sign. This form should only be used for making a data change for a previously issued, currently valid U.S. passport within one year from the date of issue. No fee is required if the date of issue is within one year. If it is MORE than one year since the date of issue, you must submit your application form using the online Passport Wizard and pay the applicable fees.
Mail the below documents to the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate:
- Application form DS-5504. Do not forget to sign the application form.
- You must provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E. Failure to provide information requested on the form, including your SSN, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.
- If you have never been issued an SSN, enter 000-00-0000 on the application form. You will need to apply for an SSN when you receive your new passport.
- Current passport to be replaced
- Documentation required for the change (see instruction on page 2 of the form)
- One passport photograph. Photographs that do not meet the specified requirements will be rejected. You must remove glasses for your passport photo, except in rare, medically-documented circumstances.
- You can mail-in your application to Ankara . The U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, U.S. Consulate in Adana and U.S. Consular Agency in Izmir does not accept mail-in applications. You need to make an appointment with them.
Ankara mail-in applications should be sent to:
U.S. Embassy Ankara
1480 Sok No:1 Cukurambar Mah
Cankaya 06530, Ankara